THE NORMI™ MISSION STATEMENT
Realizing that our nation's indoor air environments and drinking water sources are at risk, NORMI is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the indoor living environment through
educating the public and training professionals to identify problems and offer solutions to improve indoor air and drinking water quality.
NORMI's goal is to be the nation's premier certifying agency for indoor air quality and drinking water professionals by providing the very best education, training, and support to enhance
awareness of problems and solutions that benefit public health.
THE NORMI™ GOALS
NORMI™ provides education to...
PROFESSIONALS in the Indoor Air Quality and Drinking Water Industries to better educate them to understand the magnitude of the contaminants attacking both indoor air and drinking water and
to comprehend the need for and the answer to solving the problems rather than just the symptoms. By better understanding the problems and solutions surrounding these issues, a sense of environmental
awareness will be developed in professionals already working in these fields.
MOLD PROFESSIONALS in the areas of assessment, inspections, protocol-writing, sanitization, and remediation for the purpose of better educating them on the techniques for evaluating mold
problems and offering solutions to mitigate damage and, subsequently, create a Mold-Free living environment for their clients.
BUSINESS PEOPLE who are interested in entering the Indoor Air Quality and Drinking Water fields for the purpose of developing a business so they will be better able to assist their clients
in understanding the current status of indoor air and drinking water quality and how best to solve the problems of both.
The GENERAL POPULATION by providing information to better educate them on the impact that polluting indoor air and drinking water has had and will continue have on their own health and that
of the general public unless the problems are addressed with real, practical, common sense solutions. By accomplishing this we will develop a better sense of environmental awareness in the mind of
the general public.
YOUNG PEOPLE to be environmentally conscious of the need to preserve the nature resources and control the pollutants that impact indoor air quality and drinking water quality by taking
personal responsibility for the control of those pollutants.
NORMI™ IS COMMITTED TO…
- Developing the best training for professionals in the fields of Indoor Air Quality, Drinking Water, and Mold.
- Improving the indoor environment with higher quality indoor air and better drinking water.
- Impacting state licensing legislation in a positive and productive way.
- Researching the most accurate and truthful information to dispense to its membership.
- Providing the best and most comprehensive support for its membership.
- Endorsing only those Indoor Air Quality and Drinking Water solutions that are effective to solving problems.
- Supporting its membership in every activity that complies with the NORMI Code of Ethics.
- Offering relevant and effective Continuing Education to its membership.
- Building a strong network of trained professionals who work together to solve problems.
- Exemplifying a team spirit in the resolution of IAQ and H2O problems.
- Putting the needs of the client and student ahead of any personal self-interest, financial or otherwise.
- Enhancing the quality of living indoors so as to improve the health of its occupants.
- Striving to do all things to the glory of God.