- Assess the seriousness of the problem (eyes, ears, nose).
- Screen seriousness of problem (do-it-yourself kits or NORMI™ Certified Mold Inspector third party consultation).
- Remediate those specific areas where serious health effects might result.
- Protect yourself with N-95 mask and gloves.
- Remove all damaged construction materials that appear unsalvageable (drywall should be removed half again as high as visible mold).
- Spray affected structural members with a anti- microbial, NOT bleach. Become a label-reader or use a NORMI™ approved mold cleaner.
- Dehumidify and Oxidize at “drywall stage” for 3-5 days to destroy remaining contaminants.
- Protect construction structure surfaces with NORMI™ approved protectant for long-lasting results.
- Rebuild using the “Mold-Free Construction” process to rebuild the structure the right way (controlling all aspects of potential moisture intrusion).
- Clearance screening and NORMI™ Sanitization Protocol” to follow renovation will give proven results.
Copyright 10/07/05, D. Douglas Hoffman, Executive Director
NOTE: This PROTOCOL CANNOT be substituted for recognized Remediation Protocols also taught by NORMI.org